The Duke Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences Education Program represents a critically important mission of the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences. We seek to train future leaders in research, health services, clinical care, and education. We offer programs in both undergraduate medical education and graduate medical education:
Undergraduate Medical Education:
- Students in the MD and PA Programs at the Duke University School of Medicine learn on well-regarded clerkships, electives and subinternships.
- We offer a renowned pre-doctoral Clinical Psychology Internship.
Graduate Medical Education
- We are pleased to offer a highly regarded and well-rounded training program in categorical psychiatry.
- Our combined medicine-psychiatry residency training program is well-established, nationally recognized, and enjoys support from both departments.
- We offer an outstanding fellowship program in child and adolescent psychiatry.
- We offer a long-standing geriatric psychiatry fellowship program in the first geriatric psychiatry division in the country.
- We offer a 2 year full-time postdoctoral clinical psychology fellowship.