Meet the Residents
Click on a resident's name to read about their background, interests, experience and what they like best about the program.
Wonder where our residents go when they graduate?
The Internal Medicine-Psychiatry Residency offers an exceptionally strong clinical foundation that prepares psychiatrists for a range of careers. Examples of alumni career paths include:
- Fellowships in infectious disease, pulmonary critical care, hospice and palliative medicine, and religion and health
- Hospital medicine, hospital psychiatry, hospital med-psych
- Consultation-liaison psychiatry (inpatient and outpatient): pain-psychiatry, psycho-oncology, transplant psychiatry, palliative care-psychiatry, collaborative care
- Addiction psychiatry
- Electroconvulsive therapy
- Primary care for the mentally ill or in a correctional setting
- Leadership in medical education
- Hospital administration
- Research in overlap areas such as sleep, HIV, substance use disorders, medical morbidity of psychiatric patients, and cardiovascular disease and depression
Here’s a snapshot of our graduates' initial destinations after the residency (based on data from 2013 to 2023):