Yale Graduate School of Arts & Sciences
Yale School of Medicine
Interests and Career Goals
I am training to be a physician-scientist in mental health and data science, with broad-ranging clinical interests and academic interests in digital psychiatry, precision medicine, preventative behavioral health and psychiatric nosology.
Board games, hikes and following thinkers on Twitter.
Strengths of the program
Supportive program leadership and colleagues, well-rounded training and strong physician scientist track.
Bio-informatics, genomics and social media
- Meyerson W, Leisman J, Navarro F, and Gerstein MB. Origins and characterization of variants shared between a germline and somatic variant database. BMC Bio-informatics. 2020; 21:227.
- Bailey M, Meyerson W, et al. Comparison of exome variant calls in 746 cancer samples with joint whole exome and whole genome sequencing. Nat Comm. Accepted.
- Zhang J, Lee D, Dhiman V, Jiang P, Xu J, McGillivray P, Yang H, Liu J, Meyerson W, et al. An integrative ENCODE resource for cancer genomics. Nat Comm. Accepted
- Kumar S, Warrell J, Li S, McGillivray P, Meyerson W, et al. Passenger mutations in 2500 cancer genomes: Overall molecular functional impact and consequences. Cell. 2020; 180: 915-927e16.
- Salichos L, Meyerson W, Warrell J, and Gerstein MB. Estimating growth patterns and driver effects in tumor evolution from individual samples. Nat Comm. 2020; 11:732.
- Ash G, ... Meyerson W, ... Gerstein MB. Establishing a Global Standard for Wearable Devices in Sport and Exercise Medicine: Perspectives from Academic and Industry Stakeholders. Sports Medicine. Revised and resubmitted.
- Meyerson W. Temporal dynamics of depression analyzed across 6.4 million Reddit posts. Thomas R. Ten Have Symposium on Statistics in Mental Health. New Haven, CT. May 2019.
- Meyerson W and Gerstein MB. Genomic variants concurrently listed in a somatic and a germline mutation database have implications for disease-variant discovery and genomic privacy. American Society of Human Genetics Annual Meeting. San Diego, CA. October 2018.
- Kumar S, Warrell J, Li S, McGillivray P, Meyerson W, et al. Passenger mutations in 2500 cancer genomes: Overall molecular functional impact and consequences. Inauguration of the Yale Center for Biomedical Data Science. New Haven, CT. February 2018.
- Wang B, Yan C, Lou S, Emani P, Li B, Xu M, Kong X, Meyerson W, Yang YT, Lee D, Gerstein MB. Integrating genetic and structural features: building a hybrid physical-statistical classifier for variants related to protein-drug interactions. Structure. 2019; 27: 1469-1481e3.
- Navarro F, Mohsen H, Yan C, Li S, Gu M, Meyerson W, Gerstein MB. Genomics and data science: an application within an umbrella. Genome Biology. 2019; 20:109.
- McGillivray P, Clarke D, Meyerson W, Zhang J, Lee D, Gu M, Kumar S, Zhou H, Gerstein MB. Network Analysis as a Grand Unifier in Biomedical Data Science. 2018. Annual Review of Biomedical Data Science Vol. 1.
- Wang D, Yan KK, Sisu C, Cheng C, Rozowsky J, Meyerson W, Gerstein MB. Loregic: a method to characterize the cooperative logic of regulatory factors. PLoS Comput Biol. 2015; 11: e1004132.