University of Kansas
University of Utah School of Medicine
Interests and Career Goals
Psycho-oncology, research and medical education.
Skiing, mountain biking, hiking with my pup Daisy and brewery hopping with friends.
Strengths of the Program
Medical education, program director who is invested in resident wellness, consult-liaison service and combined med/psych floors, research
Past Areas of Research
Psychiatry suicide prevention, pediatric oncology, cancer biology and cognitive neuroscience.
- Eckstein, S., Maese, L., Bollo, R., Gammon, A., Greenberg, S., Cheshier, S., & Whipple, N. Atypical Teratoid Rhabdoid Tumor in a Newborn: Diagnosis by Germline Testing. Pediatric Blood & Cancer. 2019, Apr; 66(S2): 133-134.
- Oien, D.B., Garay, T., Eckstein, S., & Chien, J. Cisplatin and Pemetrexed Activate AXL and AXL Inhibitor BGB324 Enhances Mesothelioma Cell Death from Chemotherapy. Frontiers in Pharmacology. 2018, Jan; 8(970): 10.3389/fphar.2017. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 29375377.
- Bonam, K., Dawson, C., Eckstein, S., Hume, H., & Chrysikou, E. (August, 2016). Investigating the Effects of Video Games on Visual Attention Poster presented at: American Psychological Association Annual Convention; Denver, CO, USA. Eckstein, Sarah Marie (14047201) Curriculum Vitae Page 6 Confidential - Do not disclose or distribute applicant information to persons outside the residency/fellowship application process. Boudreau, E., Cranney, P., Eckstein, S., & Facer, R. (April, 2019).
- EndoWic: A New Treatment for Periapical Periodontitis Poster presented at: Bench to Bedside State Capitol Competition 2019; Salt Lake City, UT, USA. Eckstein, S., Garay, T., Kâ€€sa, E., Czirâ€€k, A., & Chien, J. (November, 2016).
- Investigating the Effects of Co-Culture in Cancer Cells on Migration and 3D Aggregates Growth in vitro. Poster presented at: University of Kansas Cancer Center 2016 Symposium; Kansas City, KS, USA. Eckstein, S., Maese, L., Bollo, R., Gammon, A., Greenberg, S., Cheshier, S., & Whipple, N. (May, 2019).
- Atypical Teratoid Rhabdoid Tumor in a Newborn: Diagnosis by Germline Testing Poster presented at: 2019 American Society of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Conference; New Orleans, LA, USA.