University of Utah
University of Utah
Interests and Career Goals
The intersection of public health and addiction, namely building suboxone programs
- Dog Owner: I adopted a rescue dog in my second year of medical school. I perform most of the activities below with my dog, Babou.
- Outdoors: Long distance backpacking, mountain biking, hiking, trail running, snowshoeing
- Fitness: Weight lifting, running, yoga
- Travel: Cultural tourism (over 40 countries visited), culinary tourism, and beer tourism
- Arts: Fantasy/Sci-Fi television and movies
- Games: Various board games and card games
Strengths of the Program
Diversity of resident cohort, diversity of pathology, large catchment area, supportive faculty, many opportunities for feedback, high volume, good research opportunities.
Factors affecting teen suicide completers
- Lo, J. Y., & Tani, L, Y., & Christensen, M. C., & Sheng, X., & Clawson, J., & Menon, S.. Outcomes Following Pediatric Out-of-Hospital Cardiopulmonary Interventions. Pediatric Emergency Care. 2018, Apr; 34(4): 267-272. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 27253654.
- Campbell, R.A., & Schwertz, H., & Hottz, E.D., & Rowley, J.W., & Manne, B.K., & Washington, A.V., & Hunter-Mellado, R., & Tolley N.D., & Christensen, M.C., & Eustes, A.S., & Montenont, E., & Bhatlekar S.. Human Megakaryocytes Possess Intrinsic Anti-Viral Immunity through Regulated Induction of IFITM3. Blood. 2018.
- Bajaj, A., & Martin, B., & Harkenrider, M.M., & Frumovitz, M.M., & Jhingran, A., & Albuquerque, K.V., & Yen, A.W., & Jones, E.L., & Gaffney, D.K., & Christensen, M.C., & Ayala-Peacock, D.N., & Wharton, D.M., & Jolly, S., & Kale, P., & Ryan, K., & Small, W.. (December, 2018). Poster presented at: Small Cell Carcinoma of the Cervix: Definitive Chemoradiation for Locally Advanced Disease Best of ASTRO; San Francisco, CA, USA.
- Bajaj, A., & Martin, B., & Harkenrider,M.M., & Frumovitz, M.M., & Jhingran, A., & Albuquerque, K.V., & Yen, A.W., & Jones, E.L., & Gaffney, D.K., & Christensen, M.C., & Ayala-Peacock, D.N., & Wharton, D.M., & Jolly, S, Kale, P., & Ryan, K.L., & Small, W.. Small Cell Carcinoma of the Cervix: Definitive Chemoradiation for Locally Advanced Disease. The Red Journal. 2018, Apr.
- Swords, D.S., & Francis S.R., & Lloyd,S., & Garrido-Laguna, I., & Mulvihill, S.J., & Gruhl, J.D., & Christensen, M.C., & Stoddard G.J., & Firpo, M.A., & Scaife ,C.L.. Lymph Node Ratio in Pancreatic Adenocarcinoma After Preoperative Chemotherapy vs. Preoperative Chemoradiation and its Utility in Decisions About Postoperative Chemotherapy. Journal of Gastrointestinal Surgery. 2018, Sep; Epub ahead of print(Epub ahead of print): Epub ahead of print. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 30187332.
- Lance, M., & Christensen, M.C., & Mccandless, S., & Burnett, B.. (April, 2016). Poster presented at: Bench to Bedside Hemostick Medical Device Competition; Salt Lake City, UT, USA.
- Christensen, M.C., & Rowley, J.W., & Rondina, M.T.. (September, 2016). The Effect of Type II Diabetes on Intra-platelet Metabolites. Poster presented at: Deer Valley Research Symposium; Park City, UT, USA. Lo, J. Y., & Tani, L, Y., & Christensen, M. C., & Sheng, X., & Clawson, J., & Menon, S. (January, 2014). Outcomes following poster presented at: American Academy of Pediatrics; San Diego, CA, USA. Pediatric Out-of-Hospital Cardiopulmonary Interventions. Peer Reviewed.