My primary areas of interest include the etiology, assessment, and treatment of PTSD, depression, suicide, and non-suicidal self-injury. I primarily work with veterans, firefighters, and emergency medical personnel due to their high levels of occupational exposure to traumatic stress. I also have long-standing interests in genetics, epigenetics, GxE research, personality, smoking, comorbidity, and statistical modeling procedures, such as CFA, SEM, and mixture modeling.
Education and Training
- Ph.D., University of North Carolina - Greensboro, 2009
- Cost Effectiveness of Combined Contingency Management and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Alcohol Use Disorder
- Impact of Reduced Cannabis Use on Functional Outcomes
- Preventing Suicide through Implementation of Safety Planning Intervention Training
- Project Access: Expanding Evidence-Based Treatment via Telehealth for Fire Service