How to Apply
All applicants must apply through the ERAS website. We encourage applicants who are interested in the physician scientist track to select the “Psychiatry/Research” track when applying through ERAS. Applicants will also have the opportunity to express interest in the physician scientist track after receiving an invitation to interview (even if they did not select the research track when applying in ERAS).
- The Psychiatry National Residency Match Program track number for the Categorical General Psychiatry program is 1529400C0.
- The Psychiatry National Residency Match Program track number for the Research track is 1529400C3.
Applications will be reviewed once all components of the application have been submitted. The review of applications will begin on October 21, 2020, and applications should be submitted as close to this date as possible. Applicants will be notified by email of invitation to interview. Interviews will be held virtually on Mondays and Wednesdays from November through January.
We will only consider candidates who will be eligible for a Residency Training License in the State of North Carolina (see eligibility requirements here).
- We require a minimum of three letters of recommendation (at least one from a psychiatrist)
- If you are a Foreign Medical Graduate, we require ECFMG certification.
- We sponsor J1 visas.
- We do not accept COMLEX Scores in place of USMLE Scores.
- Trainees must pass USMLE Step 1, Step 2CK and Step 2CS prior to beginning their Duke postgraduate training.
If you have any questions, please contact the residency office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Information for Applicants
Learn about stipends, employment requirements and more on Duke’s Graduate Medical Education website.