Lori-Ann Daley, MD
Duke University School of Medicine
Interests and Career Goals
Interested in research, particularly pertaining to quality of life. I have very broad interests at this time and look forward to refining this as I progress through residency.
Watching and playing tennis, traveling, cooking
Strengths of the Program
The program is responsive to resident needs. The attendings that I have worked with are great teachers and invested in our learning. At Duke, we have access to a large network of mentors and opportunities to explore a wide range of professional interests. I genuinely enjoy working with my co-interns and hanging out with them outside of work. Additionally, Durham is a great place to live and the area continues to grow.
- Daley, L.A.A., Wagner, J.K., Himmel, T.L., McPartland, K.A., Katsanis, S.H., Shriver, M.D. and Royal, C.D., 2013. Personal DNA testing in college classrooms: perspectives of students and professors. Genetic testing and molecular biomarkers, 17(6), pp.446-452.
- Nella, A.A., Mallappa, A., Gounden, V., Daley, L.A., Gonzalez, A., Hindmarsh, P.C., Soldin, S. and Merke, D.P., 2014. A Pilot Study Assessing the Use of Continuous Subcutaneous Hydrocortisone Infusion in the Treatment of Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia: Preliminary Data. ENDOCRINE REVIEWS, 35(3).
- Mallappa, A., Sinaii, N., Kumar, P., Whitaker, M.J., Daley, L.A., Digweed, D., Eckland, D.J., Van Ryzin, C., Nieman, L.K., Arlt, W. and Ross, R.J., 2015. A phase 2 study of Chronocort, a modified-release formulation of hydrocortisone, in the treatment of adults with classic congenital adrenal hyperplasia. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, 100(3), pp.1137-1145.
- Nella, A.A., Mallappa, A., Perritt, A.F., Gounden, V., Kumar, P., Sinaii, N., Daley, L.A., Ling, A., Liu, C.Y., Soldin, S.J. and Merke, D.P., 2016. A phase 2 study of continuous subcutaneous hydrocortisone infusion in adults with congenital adrenal hyperplasia. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, 101(12), pp.4690-4698.
- McDonald, M.A., Creary, M.S., Powell, J., Daley, L.A., Baker, C. and Royal, C.D., 2017. Perspectives and Practices of Athletic Trainers and Team Physicians Implementing the 2010 NCAA Sickle Cell Trait Screening Policy. Journal of genetic counseling, 26(6), pp.1292-1300.
Abstracts Accepted for Poster Presentation
- Daley LA, Craciunescu OI, Suneja G, Light K, Rodriques A, and Chino JP. Simultaneous integrated parametrial/sidewall boosts for cervical cancer: late toxicity and outcomes. The American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology; 2017 September 24-27th; San Diego, CA.
- Martella A, Daley LA, Monu N, Olson AC, Chino JP, and Suneja G. Trends in Global Health Abstracts at ASTRO 2012 to 2016. The American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology; 2017 September 24-27th; San Diego, CA.
- Daley LA, Craciunescu OI, Suneja G, Light K, Rodriques A, and Chino JP. Simultaneous integrated parametrial/sidewall boosts for cervical cancer: late toxicity and outcomes. Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society 47th Annual Scientific Research Symposium. 2017 August 4th; Durham, NC.
- Mallappa A, Daley LA, VanRyzin C, and Merke DP. Quality of life in adults with classic congenital adrenal hyperplasia: females have reduced quality of life compared to males. The Endocrine Society Annual Meeting & Expo; 2014 June 21-24th; Chicago, IL
- Mallappa A, Collier S, Daley LA, VanRyzin C, Ross, RJ, and Merke DP. Time is everything: hormonal evaluation of patients with congenital adrenal hyperplasia. The Endocrine Society Annual Meeting & Expo; 2013 June 15-18th; San Francisco, CA.
- Daley LA, Mallappa A, and Merke DP. Quality of life in patients with congenital adrenal hyperplasia. NIH Poster Day; 2013 May 1st; Bethesda, MD