Tony V. Pham, MD
Undergraduate School: University of Virginia
Medical School: Tulane University
Interests and Career Goals: Academic Global Health, Disaster Mental Health
Favorite Pastime: debating whether kangaroos can actually jump backwards
Strengths of the Program: Among other strengths, what most drew me to the Duke Psychiatry Program was its Global Health Pathway for residents and fellows. Pathway residents are able to pursue a Master of Science in Global Health while conducting research at an international site. Currently I plan to work in Nepal exploring the intersection between traditional/faith healers and mental health.
Research, Presentations and Publications:
- Phoebe Prioleau, Tony Pham, David Anderson, Robert Yanagisawa, Kanako Taku, Meriam Lobel, and Craig Katz. 2016. 3/11 and 9/11: A Multi-faceted Investigation of a Survivor Exchange Program. Mental Health and Social Issues Following a Nuclear Accident (pp.83-97). Springer Japan.
- Fligelman B, Pham T, Bryson EO, Majeske M, Kellner CH. Resolution of Acute Suicidality After a Single Right Unilateral Electroconvulsive Therapy. J ECT. 2016 Mar;32(1):71-2
- Kellner CH, Pham TV, Aloysi AS, Majeske MF, Bryson EO. Hemifacial Erythema in Right Unilateral Electroconvulsive Therapy. J ECT. 2015 Sep;31(3):140
- Pham TV. (2011, April 22). Marijuana and Madness Book Review. The American Journal of Psychiatry Residents Journal. Publication
- Liu M., Zang S., Zhou E., Pham T., Han B., Viamonte M., Nguyen S. (2012). A Crescent City Connection: Establishing a Hepatitis B Screening Program in Greater New Orleans. Poster presented at: APAMSA Hepatitis B Conference; Boston, MA.