How to Apply
- All applicants must apply through the ERAS website.
- We encourage applicants who are interested in the research track to select the “Psychiatry/Research” track when applying through ERAS. Applicants will also have the opportunity to express interest in the research track after receiving an invitation to interview (even if they did not select the research track when applying in ERAS).
- The Psychiatry National Residency Match Program track number for the Categorical General Psychiatry program is 1529400C0.
- The Psychiatry National Residency Match Program track number for the Research track is 1529400C3.
- We review applications received through ERAS when the PostOffice opens.
- We will only consider candidates who will be eligible for a Residency Training License in the State of North Carolina (see eligibility requirements here).
- We require a minimum of 3 Letters of Recommendation (at least one from a psychiatrist)
- If you are a Foreign Medical Graduate, we require ECFMG certification.
- We sponsor the following visas: J1.
- We do NOT accept COMLEX Scores in place of USMLE Scores.
- Trainees must pass USMLE Step 1, Step 2CK, and Step 2CS prior to commencing their Duke postgraduate training.
If you have any questions, please contact the residency office at (919) 684-2258.