Associate Professor in Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Department / Division:
/ Medical Psychology
Box 3119 Med Ctr
Durham, NC 27710
- PhD, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1991
- BS, University of Florida, 1984
* Examination of the relationship between affective disorders and autonomic cardiovascular control.
* Examination of the mechanisms underlying the increased cardiac mortality associated with anxiety disorders.
* Examination of the role of behavioral factors (diet, exercise) as modulators of glycemic control and in the pathogenesis of cardiovascular autonomic neuropathy.