Associate Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Associate Professor in Medicine
Department / Division:
/ Behavioral Medicine
Durham, NC 27710
- MD, Guntur Medical College (India)
- Psychiatry, University Hospitals of Cleveland and National Institute of Mental Health, 1988-1992
- Anxiety and Mood Disorders, National Institute of Mental Health (Maryland), 1992-1994
Obesity, mood, anxiety, and eating disorders
Primary research focus is development of new treatments for obesity and related metabolic disorders.
Other areas of interest include eating disorders, depression, and anxiety disorders.
- Gadde, KM; Kopping, MF; Wagner, HR; Yonish, GM; Allison, DB; Bray, GA. Zonisamide for weight reduction in obese adults: a 1-year randomized controlled trial. Archives of Internal Medicine. 2012;172:1557-1564. Abstract
- Gadde, KM; Allison, DB; Ryan, DH; Peterson, CA; Troupin, B; Schwiers, ML; Day, WW. Effects of low-dose, controlled-release, phentermine plus topiramate combination on weight and associated comorbidities in overweight and obese adults (CONQUER): a randomised, placebo-controlled, phase 3 trial. Lancet. 2011;377:1341-1352. Abstract
- Gadde, KM; Allison, DB. Cannabinoid-1 receptor antagonist, rimonabant, for management of obesity and related risks. Circulation. 2006;114:974-984. Abstract
- Gadde, KM; Franciscy, DM; Wagner, HR; Krishnan, KR. Zonisamide for weight loss in obese adults: a randomized controlled trial. JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association. 2003;289:1820-1825. Abstract
- Davidson, JRT; Gadde, KM; Fairbank, JA; Krishnan, KRR; Califf, RM; Binanay, C; Parker, CB; Pugh, N; Hartwell, TD; Vitiello, B; al, E. Effect of Hypericum perforatum (St John's wort) in major depressive disorder: A randomized controlled trial. JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association. 2002;287:1807-1814.
- Gadde, KM; Parker, CB; Maner, LG; Wagner, HR; Logue, EJ; Drezner, MK; Krishnan, KR. Bupropion for weight loss: an investigation of efficacy and tolerability in overweight and obese women. Obesity. 2001;9:544-551. Abstract