Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Department / Division:
Psychiatry Service 116A
1830 Hillandale Rd.
Durham, NC 27705
1. Clinical evaluation of pharmacotherapies (especially combined nicotine agonist/antagonist) in the treatment of nicotine and alcohol dependence.
2. Evaluation of treatment service delivery in the public sector for patients with addictive disorders, including those with co-morbid psychiatric disorders.
3. Ethics and efficacy of outpatient substance abuse civil committment.
4. Policies and practices of medical schools regarding medical student impairment.
5. Screening and intervention for substance use disorders in primary care.