Our meetings are every 4th Thursday of the month from 6:00-7:00 pm. This meeting is open to new participants at any time, and there is no charge for attending.
The format includes open discussion, and occasional guest speakers. We create lots of opportunities for questions and discussion of all aspects of mood disorders. Our group has been beneficial for people experiencing mood disorders, including bipolar disorder, depression, and anxiety. We are open to patients, family members, and loved ones who want to learn about or be supported in dealing with the effects of Mood Disorders.
This is NOT a therapy group, but is instead a place to meet to ask questions and receive support. Discussions are in an open format with specialty topics and guest speakers to be announced throughout the year. We also provide information about current research studies within the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, as well as any available clinical interventions at Duke and within the community.
Below is a listing of the future dates for the 2014 season. If you would like to receive monthly reminders or updates about this group, please email Cindy Jones at Jones106@mc.duke.edu .
If you have any questions or need directions, please call Cindy Jones at 919-286-5261.
For 2014, we will have some new and favorite topics and speakers. Topics include: Art and Healing....Music as Medicine, How to Manage Sleep Disorders, Mood Disorders AND Attention Deficit Disorder, Caretaking Resources Guide (how to get some extra help when you need it), Financial Planning for People with Mood Disorders, Latest Research on Mood Disorders
- Thursday, August 28: Guest Speaker - Vicotria Shields, M.Div., M.Ed., LCAS - "Mood Disorders and Vulnerability to Addiction" - www.isacounseling.com 
- Thursday, September 25: Guest Speaker - Meg Lineberger Ph.D. - "How Your Sleep Affects Your Mood and Your Mood Affects Your Sleep"
- Thursday, October 23: Gues Speaker - Madelyn Ashley - "How Being a Caretaker Affects Your Mood"
- **Thursday November 20, (NOTE different date due to holiday) - Discussion
- ***Wednesday, December 17 (NOTE different day and date due to holiday) - Guest Speaker - Stephanie Ladd - "Sould Collage - Use of Visual Media to Create Self Awareness"