Deborah Koltai Attix, PhD
Associate Professor in Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Associate Professor in Neurology
Director, Clinical Neuropsychology Service
Department / Division:
/ Geriatric Behavioral Health
932 Morreene Road
Durham, NC 27705
- PhD, Clinical Psychology, California School of Professional Psychology, 1993
- Clinical Psychology, Sepulveda VA Medical Center (California), 1992-1993
- Clinical Neuropsychology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 1993-1995
- Board-Certified, Clinical Neuropsychology, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, American Board of Professional Psychology
Neuropsychological evaluation of adults with known or suspected central nervous system injury or illness; neuropsychological intervention involving cognitive training and/or psychotherapy to maximize abilities and adjustment among dementia patients; emphasis in geriatrics
1) The effect of psychological interventions on the abilities and adjustment of dementia patients and those at-risk for developing neurodegenerative illnesses such as Alzheimer's disease. These interventions include the provision of modified cognitive (mnemonic; organizational) strategies, and traditional psychotherapy (dynamic and behavioral).
2) Investigation of the possible neuropsychological sequelae of Pfiesteria exposure.
3) Psychometric properties of neuropsychological instruments within the geriatric population.